I have many inquiries here about online earnings. I reviewed my posts and I noticed that I don’t really have detailed information about making money online aside from the post for oDesk. As promised to Chelle and my other readers who were asking me bout this topic.
Here is the common question I got from my readers:
- Do you really earn from this affiliate and all this writing stuffs?
- How much range of income do u get from this?
- Is working online really true?
- Are they not scams?
- Can I see your proof of payment? You don’t have one in your blog…
- Can you recommend some reliable site?
- I am working at home, I hope you can share some link which can help me earn…
I assure you guys, earning online is real. I am earning decent money which keep me get going, in fact almost 50% of our income comes from my work online and 50% from my home based business. Of course these earnings doesn’t make me rich yet but it sustain our expenses, at least my phone bills, ISP, electric, water, mobile and other household bills and expenses are covered with my earnings. Although we still have to work hard because we have a big family. I have 4 kids, my eldest daughter is a junior high, 2 grade school, 1 niece in college and my youngest son. That makes us 7 members of the family including 2 dogs and 1 guinea pig.
Okay let me give you a detailed info about my earnings:
1. I am a verified oDesk provider
oDesk is a website both for hiring companies and job providers. As a company, you can hire freelancers or even companies who are providing this kind of service. It can be fixed job or hourly work. Payment is escrowed for hourly job, meaning the hiring company has to pay oDesk and after work completion, oDesk will pay the work provider. oDesk has tools to measure hourly work. A special program has to be installed in your PC. On the other hand, fixed job is different. The money is not escrowed and it depends on the hiring company and the work provider’s agreement how they will settle for the payment. It must me through oDesk or Paypal.
How to register:
- You can click here
- Fill up the necessary information. Make your profile 100% finished.
- Create a good resume
- Link your online Portfolio and other related online experience
- Take and pass oDesk readiness Test (90% passing). Just review the TOS & FAQ.
- Take English proficiency exam at oDesk and other website which offer this type of service. I took my English Proficiency exam here.
- Take other tests at oDesk, this will add to your profile and a plus also
- Link your blog. Companies are looking for real writers and your blog will be the most effective sample of your work.
After passing the exam, you will be notified that you’re already a verified oDesk provider. You are now ready to bid for jobs. Just click, find job tab and you will be presented with many job opportunities. Select a category at the left side bar. Choose jobs which suits your skills then click apply. The company usually asks you to send your CV and link to your portfolio.
Orie has some detailed suggestion in my comment box. Click here.
After your first project with oDesk, share your experience by posting it in your blog. Don’t forget to link that blog at oDesk by tagging it. You know why, they are looking for those posts and once you are selected, you will receive an oDesk Tshirt. I received mine last September and oDesk featured my blog on their September Newsletter.
2. I became a regular quiz writer of Devbook.com through oDesk.
I am writing quizzes for devbook using Redwarrior as my pen name. That is why I have a fun quiz page. These quizzes are posted at boredquiz.com. One of my quiz which is a naruto quiz is now an all-time top quiz taken by more than 150 thousand quiz takers. You can see the link here.
3. MyLot – I am also earning from this website. This is a social networking site which will pay you by posting and replying to discussions. If you spend long hours online, you can allocate sometime here and you will earn although don’t expect high earnings because it will be based on the quality content of your posts. Minimum pay out is $10 through PayPal. You will earn through referral and posting. Please click here to register under me.
4. Commission Junction – you can get advertisement offers through this site. They will pay you through check.
5. Yuwie.com – Just like adgitize, yuwie will also pay you through referrals, viewing and clicking ads
6. Helium – This will pay you everytime you create and post article on their site
7. PayPerPost – This is also a good site for paid blogging.
I also tried joining PTCs but the earnings is so slow and it eats my time so I won’t recommend it. Paid blogging and article writing is still the best way to earn online.
How to start:
- Create an online profile
- Create your portfolio. If you are a writer, post your samples. If you are a web designer, post the links to your finished works. If you’re a graphic designer, upload and post your sample designs, layout or Logos and it would be best if you post a link to your past projects.
- Create a blog where you can show your writing expertise.
- Post your ads. Remember every click on your ads will earn you a dollar.
- Post your referral links. Note that every person who click your referral link and sign up under you will be added to your earnings. AW Surveys.com pays $1.25 for every referral. Just imagine, if 100 people signed up under you, that would be $125. But take note, those must be active members.
So guys that’s my tips on how to start working online. Regarding the proof of payment, ok, this is a screenshot of my PayPal and oDesk transactions. Just click the pics to enlarge images.
And another thing, you must sign up for a PayPal account, I have post here about that topic. Click here to read.
Remember also that you have to work on your traffic by joining social community sites like MyBlogLog, BlogCatalog, Facebook, Orkut, Friendster and MySpace. Check what will work for you. Add friends and visit and comment on their blogs and you will see that they will do the same. Add widgets and post your banners.
I hope this post will help you on how to start earning online. These earnings doesn’t make me rich yet but with strategies and the will to find other reliable earning opportunities, I know it will paid off. If you can recommend moneymaking sites, please post it. If you have questions, please feel free to post your comments.
Lastly, if you plan to register in these sites, please sign up under me by clicking the links. I will really appreciate it. Thank you very much! Good luck! 🙂